If you’ve been told your roof needs torn off and replaced, you owe it to yourself to get a second opinion. Metal roof restoration is an alternative to replacement that saves you approximately 50% compared to a new install — while providing the same high level of performance as a new roof. We’re so confident in this cutting-edge roofing solution that we offer up to an 18-year non-prorated warranty, which beats what you get with a brand new roof!
At Midsouth Commercial Roofing, roof restoration is one of the signature services that we bring to businesses throughout Tennessee and the mid-south region. Read today’s blog to learn more about how restoration works and to get a clear idea of what metal roof restoration costs. However, if you’d rather talk to an expert right away, feel free to contact us!
How to Restore a Metal Roof
Our restoration solution is so much more than a metal roof coating — it is a step-by-step process to fix and reinforce all of the weakest and most vulnerable points of the roof. Not only does metal roof restoration cost less than building a new roof, but it leaves you with a better final product, too.
Here’s how we restore metal roofs:
- Cleaning and Preparation — The first step of the restoration process involves cleaning the surface in preparation to restore it. In addition to cleaning off any dirt and debris, our roofing experts will remove any rust from the metal roof surface and any other patch repairs. Once the roof is back to its basic form, we apply a rust prohibiting primer to help prevent rust going forward.
- Seam Reinforcement —The seams are the most vulnerable point on an r-panel metal roof, which is why reinforcing them is such a crucial part of our metal roof restoration. Firstly, we spray coating into all of the vertical and horizontal seams on the roof. After that, we place fabric into the seams and then seal them with an outer layer of coating. These seam reinforcements prevent water infiltration while allowing the seams to move somewhat without cracking. This metal roof restoration step turns the single weakest point into one of the strongest.
- Protect Screwheads – Next to the seams, the screwheads that attach the metal panels are one of the most vulnerable points of any metal roof. These screws can either pop-out as the building expands and contracts – or they can simply rust. To reinforce this, we apply an acrylic roof coating to the screwheads. While silicone coatings are a common choice, we prefer acrylic as silicone can eventually dry rot, while acrylic never will.
- Replace Skylights (If Applicable) – Skylights are an increasingly common inclusion on metal roofs, so we address them in our restoration. During metal roof restoration, we will replace your old skylights to ensure they are as strong as the rest of your roof. In addition, our restoration also includes sealing the area around the skylights with fabric and coating them with an acrylic clear coating. Once again, since skylights often fail on roofs, we pay close attention to them with our restoration.
- Add a Protective Top Coat – The next step of r-panel restoration is used to reinforce the entire roof surface. Once the other areas have been addressed, we apply a 45-millimeter-thick protective top coating. Not only does this add an extra layer of water-resistant protection, but it leaves your roof white and thus more energy-efficient. Reflecting around 85% of the sun’s rays, this coating will dramatically cut your energy bills during the summer.
Advantages of Restoration vs. Replacement
So, now that you have an idea of how to restore a metal roof, let’s discover why to do it. Roof restoration is an alternative to replacement for roofs that are badly damaged. While the 50% metal roof restoration cost reduction is the main draw, there are numerous other advantages that make this a popular alternative:
- Better-than-New Roof – Since our roof restoration system targets and reinforces all of the typical weak points, we provide you with a roof that’s even better and more durable than a brand-new roof.
- Up to an 18-Year Warranty – How confident are we in this system? We back it with a non-prorated warranty of up to 18 years.
- Energy Savings – Since the reflective white top coating is included, your roof will immediately be working to cut your summer cooling costs.
- Quick and Convenient – The reason that this service comes in at half the price is because it takes half the time. This means your roof is ready to go in less time.
- Non-Disruptive – During a roof tear off, you may have to close your business due to the noise and debris. However, our restoration system is very unobtrusive, and most clients don’t even know we’re there. (In fact, a client has NEVER had to close with us!)
Metal Roof Restoration Cost
Interested in all these advantages? Take the next step and reach out to find out exactly what your metal roof restoration cost will be. While 50% savings is an average compared to replacement, we have seen the savings be even higher, too.
Bring out one of our roofing experts today to give you a free inspection and quote. Contact us to start the conversation today.